The CIP-Check is a is a stand-alone system:
On one side it requires a single sensor to placed at a specified position on the tank and on the other side it offers ethernet interface for integration with the factory DCS and for the purpose of performing setup.
There are multiple options for placing the sensor. It is almost always possible to find a non-intrusive way. Alarms raised can be communicated via dedicated digital I/O provided on the unit. The ethernet interface allows multiple devices to be distributed around the plant with one central overview point:
The setup and in-detail monitoring is performed with dedicated software called Cip Explorer:
The CIP-Monitor system provides a universal non-intrusive approach to monitoring the effectiveness of the cleaning operation on a continuous basis during the entire cleaning cycle. The acoustic signature produced by the cleaning operation is captured, analyzed and recorded by the CIP Monitor by tracking two parameters:
- The frequency of the rotation of the head.It's a known fact that frequency of rotation can not be detected by using indirect methods like fluid flow or pump RPM. All operating parameters can look normal from outside and yet there can still be a non-rotating jet head inside of the tank.
- The impact force of the jet/spray against the wall of the tank. This is the second very important parameter, which shows not what is entering the system, but what is actually being delivered on the wall of the tank in terms of cleaning efficiency.
This offers a significant improvement over current technology:
- It requires no penetration. Sensor is attached to the outer surface of the vessel. The system requires one sensor per one cleaning head to be monitored.
- Ability to track even miniscule changes in the cleaning performance. Optionally the system can provide insight in to detailed performance of the cleaning cleaning system detecting changes in the fluid pressure of +/- 10% as delivered on the wall of the tank and changes in the frequency of rotation within +/- 3%.
- The cleaning performance data is logged and can be used as a verification certificate for properly performed cleaning operation.
- Generated report can help pinpoint the cause of the problem with the cleaning system.
- Ability to track performace of both jet and spray heads covering rotation frequency range from 0.005Hz up to 80Hz.
- Automatic, wizard guided setup procedure.
Back to Home | Next: Operation